All submitted work must follow our submission guidelines. You’re welcome to submit entire articles or query us first.
Depending on your submission idea, you may want to check with us to make sure we haven’t already accepted an article on the same subject from somebody else. If you don’t have an immediate submission idea, but you’d really like to write for us, please check our current assignments for topics. Be prepared to send samples of your work and/or a link to a resume.
- Articles, write-ups and stories must be your own. We respect the work of others and you should too. Re-branded articles are not allowed and you must be the sole copyright holder.
- We allow re-published work or work that has appeared in other places — as long as you are the sole copyright holder and you have permission to re-use your work. It is also perfectly acceptable for you to submit work that appears on your own blog, website or newsletter.
- PR releases, product reviews and other promotional content are welcome as long as they apply and may be of benefit to the working or Service Dog community. Service Dog trainers and Service Dog-focused organizations receive preferential treatment above products and other services. Please write your release or review honestly and in a manner that will be interesting to readers.
- All content must be truthful and honest above all else. Anything Pawsable is a positive resource, and is not the proper place for lodging specific complaints about your own housing issues, retail experiences and personal access issues. However, experiences that may help others avoid conflict are encouraged.
- By submitting your articles, write-ups and stories you grant others the right to publish snippets of your work, as long as they leave your work in it’s original state. Others are permitted to quote content published here as long as they properly cite the source and author.
- Affiliate links and embedded advertising is strictly not permitted.
- In some cases, we are able to offer nominal compensation to qualified contributors on a per-article basis.
- Submitting articles, write-ups and stories does not entitle you to monetary compensation.
- Submitting an article, write-up or story does not guarantee publication. We reserve the right to reject a submission for any reason.
- All articles, write-ups or stories must be well-written, engaging and interesting.
- Use spell check and grammar check please.
How to sumbit
Please save your writing as plain text. You may put it in the body of your email message or save it as a TXT file. To do this, use your word processor’s Save As Text command to save your work and then copy the resulting text and paste it into an email message or as an attachment. For any special formatting, please include an explanatory note. Submissions which are not properly formatted (improper capitalization, poor paragraph structure, poor grammar, misspellings, etc.) may not be read. Please format your writing simply. You may also use our contact form to submit your work.
We prefer not to edit heavily, but we do reserve the right to edit your article for length, clarity or grammar and to format it to make it consistent with our house style. We may make these changes without notice to you. We will not change the content of your article and we can not be responsible for any inaccuracies you include. If we have questions or concerns we will return your submission for you to correct.